Hello fam, this is Michelle back again with another healthy lifestyle blog post! Today I will be sharing healthy meal ideas that are not only inexpensive but totally easy to put together. So if you do not have too much free time, this is perfect! I will be listing out 5 breakfast, 5 lunch and 5 dinner ideas for you, so feel free to try out these healthy meals! SUBSCRIBE to my blog for more health related activities to incorporate in your everyday lifestyle.
Breakfast: You can make these healthy meals the night before. So you can grab breakfast and go!
- Overnight Oats
- I recommend adding granola, fruits (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) and also CHIA SEEDS. Read about health benefits on Chia Seeds here.
- Eggs With Toast
- Eggs are full of protein so it gives a burst of energy in the morning. If you are worried about the cholesterol and calories, substitute with regular eggs with egg whites.
- For toast, I recommend using whole wheat.
- Berry Smoothie
- Add strawberries, blueberries, banana, oranges, or any fruit into this blend. I also recommend adding low-fat yogurt for added protein and desired taste. For to-go containers, I recommend these Mason Jars because not only are they sturdy, but super cute to bring to school/work!
- Yogurt Parfait
- Add granola, low-fat/fat-free yogurt, and fruits to an esthetically-pleasing quick breakfast. Parfaits also fit perfectly into these Mason Jars.
- Banana Shake
- Bananas are rich in fiber which aid in digestion. They are also a natural antacid, which provide relief in acid reflux. You can either eat bananas by themselves or blend it into a shake and add some chia seeds.
- Turkey Sandwich
- Instead of the classic greasy burger, turkey is a good lean meat substitution and tastes just as good, in my opinion.
- Add tomatoes, lettuces, pickles, avocados and even an egg for a healthy and desired taste.
- Shrimp Pasta
- Boil pasta (you can choose wheat pasta instead of regular pasta), and in a separate pan, cook shrimp with olive oil.
- I recommend light sauce, or I usually like to add some salt, vinegar and olive oil to my pasta with no sauce for a healthier option.
- Rice Bowl with Salmon, Edamame and Spinach
- I recommend brown rice. Grill salmon pieces, boil some spinach and edamame. Finally put it all together with sprinkled lemon juices for desired taste.
- Turkey and Lettuce Wrap
- With good choice of lean meat, add some tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, cucumbers. Finally put it all together in a wheat wrap.
- Chicken and Avocado Sandwich
- Instead of turkey sandwich earlier in the post, let’s switch it up a bit. Add lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, avocados to a grilled chicken sandwich.
- Fish Tacos
- Grill your choice of fish (my favorite is tilapia!!) in a non stick pan.
- I recommend topping some tomatoes, pineapples, onions and sprinkled cilantro onto the fish tacos.
- Chicken and Broccoli with Rice
- Grill chopped up chicken breast until brown. Boil broccoli and rice separately. In a non stick pan with light olive oil, add all the ingredients together. Fry until rice and broccoli are slightly brown.
- Broccoli and Tofu Bowl
- Tofu is a meat substitution that is full of protein. In China, tofu are an everyday essential because it is so yummy and so good for your health.
- Again, I recommend brown rice and boiled broccoli. Put it together with grilled tofu on top. Finally, add some sesame seeds for desired taste.
- Salmon with Asparagus
- Asparagus is one of the healthiest vegetables that is also inexpensive. It is filled with fiber, vitamins, and also helps fight cancer.
- After trial and error, I found out that salmon and asparagus are a really good combination for a best tasting dinner. Adding brown rice to your meal is optional.
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Add boiled rice, grilled chicken onto a non stick pan all together. Fry until rice is lightly brown. With stir fry, it is important to add vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, peas, and onions. Adding pineapple bites will add a sweet taste to it, but optional.
- Top it off with some low fat stir fry sauce.
Most of these dishes contain rice (Can’t help it, I am Asian after all). I do not know how I can even survive without a rice cooker. To be 100% honest with you, this is my absolutely favorite rice cooker. There is an option for both white rice AND brown rice. Not only that, it also keeps warm for whenever your next meal is so you do not have to bother heating everything up in the microwave.
There are two sections to this rice cooker. It can steam meats and vegetables on top while rice cooks below. (Good for most of my recipes above.) It is also good for cooking soup, chili and more! Simply press the “Flash Rice” button to make cooking 50 times faster!! All that for such a cheap price!
Comment down below which is your favorite healthy meal recipe. Subscribe for more health related blog posts. I want to make all your New Year’s Resolution come true. I love you all and don’t forget to look for your daily dose of happiness! ❤
This site may contain Affiliate Links. By purchasing these linked items, it will NOT cause any extra for you, but I will get a slight commission for every purchase. I love you and thank you all!